10h-16hThe Wine Adventure99€
Discover wine & vineyards in depth at our certified organic and biodynamic vineyard just over an hour from Bordeaux city
- This full day tour can be organised for two people or more at any time.Morning: Visit in the vineyard, history of wine, 'terroir', winegrowing, wine types, varietals, geography and how our region compares to French and international wines, introduction to wine tasting followed by experiential wine-tasting. Lunch: we talk through the principles of wine and food pairing followed by a delicious lunch that illustrates the pairing principles in the beautiful tasting room overlooking the organic vines at Château Feely. Afternoon: Winemaking: a step by step walk through the process including a visit into the winery. This day includes a two pdf guides to wine tasting with ready reckoners to help you recognise varietals, age of wine and well-known appellations and wine and food pairing.
- The minimum reservation is 2 people. This price includes our wine & food pairing lunch. Available all year round. Reservation required.For this tour and all our day tours we offer collection at 9h45 from L'Escale café tabac, 37 Avenue du Périgord, 24680 Gardonne, 300 metres from the station of Gardonne, a beautiful direct train ride from Bordeaux St Jean, St Emilion, Bergerac or Sarlat. We offer drop off at 16h30 at Gardonne Station in time for the return train.
10h-16hThe Magic of the Earth130€
The Magic of the Earth full day walking tour and wine Adventure walking and discovering biodynamics
- Discover wine & vineyards in depth at our certified organic and biodynamic vineyard just over an hour from Bordeaux city
- This full day can be organised for two people or more at any time. We walk 8-10km in the day. The minimum reservation is 2 people. This price includes lunch and wine tasting. Available all year round. Reservation required.
Have you ever wondered what it is like to be a winemaker? What decisions go into creating a unique wine? Come to Château Feely for an exclusive experience - a day of exploration which includes blending your own unique wine to bottle and take home.
- Some of the topics and activities you will enjoy on this exceptional wine adventure: - A discussion of the vintages we will be working with - The harvest relevant to the vintages we will be working with (the weather, the grape quality) - How the grapes were transformed after the harvest
- Wine blending: - Wine tasting of each of the individual wines that can be used for your blend - General rules of blending - Choices made at Chateau Feely - Blend your own bottle of wine - Bottle and cork a bottle of your own special blend and it home!
- Minimum 2 people. Price includes a wine and food pairing lunch and your own bottle of your unique wine to take home. This day includes a hardcover copy (per two people booked) of Caro Feely's Wine, the essential guide to wine tasting with ready reckoners to help you recognise varietals, age of wine and well-known appellations and wine and food pairing. Reservation required. Available all year round.
DayThe Bordeaux Grand Cru80€
The Bordeaux Grand Cru Classé wine-tasting and class
- Come and taste your vinous dreams! Caro will demystify the grand cru systems of France, offer tips on where to find good value and you will taste five Grand Crus. Price includes our pocket guide to French Grand Crus, tasting these exclusive wines and light snacks. This class is available to groups of six or more OR for a fixed fee of €480 for small groups.
Tips for tours
For all our tours please wear shoes that are good for walking outside as we spend some of the time in the vineyard.
All our activities are held at Feely organic vineyard in South West France, 1 hour 15 mins from Bordeaux city, 10 mins from Ste Foy La Grande, 15 mins from Bergerac and 50 mins from Libourne TGV station. For access to the area, see contact page. We offer pick up and drop off from our local SNCF station for half and full day activities. Experience our beautiful ecological wine school and tasting room made of natural materials including wood, stone, chalk and hemp.
Do not hesitate to consult the reviews on Tripadvisor and also leave your comments !