Celebrate making the choice of organic! Ten reasons to be happy!
- Your health – no pesticide residues
- Your health – increased nutritional value
- Better taste – more enjoyment
- You are doing good – saving farmers and farm workers from pesticide exposure that leads to cancer, nervous
system disruption and endocrine disruption
- You are doing more good – saving the local community where your food and drink was grown from direct exposure to pesticides
- You are increasing the biodiversity – critical to our future survival (the level flora and fauna is higher on organic farms – insects, mammals, birds, bats and plants)
- You are increasing employment (French organic vineyards employ double the people that chemical vineyards employ – money directly into employment rather than purchase of toxic chemicals)
- You are saving the water quality in the locale where it was grown for today and for future generations
- You are supporting a sustainable way of farming that will leave a healthy soil for the next generation rather than a dessert
- You are helping keep small farms and farming communities alive – this is important for the stewardship of the land – all our futures depends on it!
I know its not easy and it’s more expensive to choose organic but that is because it is the real cost – the non-organic includes ‘externalised’ costs (article to follow) someone else has to pay (poisoned water, cancer…) plus organic farms have to pay to be certified (the polluters should have to pay). Celebrate! You are doing so much good!
See our series on why organic starting with these basics in more detail and how to tell if a wine is organic or not. Come and learn more about organic farming with a visit to Chateau Feely in South West France ; stay with us or do a multi day course or multi day tour .
You can read about the story of our organic farm the series includes three books Grape Expectations; Saving our Skins and Glass Half Full by Caro Feely. You can order them from your local bookstore or online. Grape Expections is also available as an English Audio book and in Polish as printed ‘Winnica Marzen’.
Join our mailing list at the bottom right of the homepage to receive our seasonal newsletter, events, wine pairing, recipes and more info on this topic