Gold trophy for Chateau Feely in the first National Wine Tourism competion in France
Chateau Feely has won a gold trophy in the first national wine tourism competition in France. The coveted awards organised by Terre de Vins lauréats first Wine Tourism Trophys were unveiled at an event held at the Ministry for Europe and International Affairs in Paris Friday 29 March 2019. A jury of eleven professionals assessed 350 entries to discern ten finalists and then a gold, silver and bronze trophy in each category.
Chateau Feely was winner of the grand prize gold trophy for the category education and valorisation of ecological practices and finalist in a second category: accommodation at the vineyard. The news comes in an exciting week where Chateau Feely release their 2019 wines and also were designated a winner in the top ten challenge for wine tourism in Bergerac Duras.
Video, Caro Feely of Chateau Feely, winner of the Gold Trophy for education and valorisation of ecological practices
The Gold Trophy winners included estates from all over France
The jury selected a gold, silver and bronze in each category and 3 special prizes. The gold trophy winners included estates from Bergerac (Sud Ouest), Bordeaux, Burgundy, Cahors, Champagne, Languedoc and Loire Valley
Nine Grand Prix d’Or Gold Trophy’s were awarded to:
• Château de Pennautier (Cabardès, Languedoc) in the category Architecture & Landscapes
• Maison Ackerman (Saumur, Loire Valley) in the category Art & Culture
• Château Venus (Graves, Bordeaux) in the category Creative Initiatives & Innovation
• Champagne Pannier (Champagne) in the category Wine Tourism Business & Private Events
• Château Feely (Saussignac Bergerac, Dordogne, Sud Ouest) in the category Pedagogy & Valorisation of Environmental Practices
• Château Guiraud (Sauternes, Bordeaux) in the category Restaurant in the Vineyard
• Château de Mercurès (Cahors) in the category Accommodation at the Property
• Cité du Champagne Collet (Champagne) in the category Valorisation of Appellations & Institutions
• La Chablisienne (Chablis, Burgundy) in the category Family Visits in the Vineyard
Three special prizes were awarded by the Jury :
• The Jury’s Special Prize for International Presence was awarded to the Cité du Vin of Bordeaux
• The Award for Committment to Wine Tourism to House of Hennessy (Cognac)
• The Wine Tourism Pioneer award went to Maison Olivier Leflaive (Puligny-Montrachet, Burgundy)
See the videos and read more about the awards and the estates at Terre de Vins First National Wine Tourism Awards in France.
Chateau Feely is honoured and humbled to be listed among these winners. Thank you with all our hearts to our clients who are the lifeblood of this estate and their reviews that contributed to this win, to the Jury, to the organisers Terre de Vins and to the wine and tourism professionals who participated.
Come and learn more about organic farming with a visit to Chateau Feely in South West France ; stay with us or do a multi day course or multi day tour . You can read about the story of our organic farm the series includes three books Grape Expectations; Saving our Skins and Glass Half Full by Caro Feely.
Join our mailing list to receive our seasonal newsletter, wine school, events, wine pairing, recipes and more info on this topic at the bottom right of this page.