Saussignac unmissable Events in 2019
Saussignac springs to life from May to October with unmissable events. Here is our pick of the best events not to be missed in our small but dynamic commune in France:
- Jazz and Saussignac evening of Saturday 25 May. Attend a fabulous jazz concert with infinite wine-tasting from local winegrowers and great local food. (The Wine Cottage is available that week and the week before. 10% off if you book 1 week (the gold trophy offer) and another 10% off (-20% total) if you book both weeks.)
- Monday 10 June – Spring Festival in Saussignac – (The Wine Cottage has just come available that week due to a last minute cancellation. 10% off if you book the week (the gold trophy offer).
- Festival des Ploucs rock concert Saturday 6 July – the unmissable event of the summer. (The Wine Cottage is available from 4 July to 13 July. Book the 9 days and we’ll do an even better deal than the 10% off on offer. The Wine Lodge is available 6-13 July and 13-20 July. 10% off if you book 1 week (gold trophy offer) and another 10% off (-20% total) if you book both weeks.)
- Sunset walk followed by Onion Soup, wine and tarts – Tuesday 23 July. Depart 18h place de l’église de Saussignac. This is a hot favourite for Caro – see the extract about it from Saving our Skins in a blog post ‘night walk magic’. See the extract as a blog post here. Worth booking into the gite for this! The Wine Lodge is available 20-27 July and 27 July-2 August. 10% off if you book 1 week (the gold trophy offer) and another 10% off (-20% total) if you book both weeks.)
- Sunset walk followed by Onion Soup, wine and tarts – Tuesday 20 August.Départ 18h place de l’église de Saussignac (both gites already booked).
- Chateau Feely Harvest Day 21 September for vine shareholders. Buy your vine share and book online (The Wine Lodge has just come available 14-21 September. 10% off if you book it (the gold trophy offer).
- Les Arts au Chateau – 1-15 September – Saussignac’s annual art exhibition takes place in September rather than peak season. (the week of 14-21 Sep is available in the lodge- see above)
- Sunday 22 September: a heritage walking tour of Saussignac. If you have booked the harvest weekend with Chateau Feely this is something to add to your agenda for the weekend.
There is also a night market but I dont have the date for it yet. As soon as I do I will update this. Get in the mood for spring and summer with this great photo of Dora picnicing with Sensualite Rose.
We would love to see you in Saussignac! Also see the video of the accommodation at Chateau Feely . Come and learn more about organic farming with a visit to Chateau Feely in South West France ; stay with us or do a multi day course or multi day tour . You can read about the story of our organic farm the series includes three books Grape Expectations; Saving our Skins and Glass Half Full by Caro Feely.
Join our mailing list to receive our seasonal newsletter, wine school, events, wine pairing, recipes and more info on this topic at the bottom right of this page.