Climate Change and biodiversity loss – best books
In this article Caro Feely, organic farmer and writer outlines her best books to inform yourself on the Climate Crisis and biodiversity. This is an extended list that I will add to over time.
Here is my top five to inform yourself and shock yourself awake on the climate crisis: (linked to amazon for ease of access but please borrow from your library or buy from your local bookshop instead).
- Being the Change: Live Well and Spark a Climate Revolution by Peter Kalmus
- Zen and the Art of Saving the Planet by Thich Nhat Hanh
- This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate by Noami Klein
- The Uninhabitable Earth: Life After Warming – David Wallace Wells
Books to awaken us to the emergency that the environmental crisis and climate crisis represent.
And on biodiversity loss (and a little about climate since they are linked)
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Robin Wall Kimmerer – this is about biodiversity and climate change‘
- The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert
Come and learn more about organic farming with a visit to Chateau Feely in South West France ; stay or do a multi day course or multi day tour. Find out more about our way of farming with organic and biodynamic practices on the Feely organic and biodynamic online trail. You can read about the story of this organic farm – the series includes three books
Grape Expectations: A Family’s Vineyard Adventure in France (Caro Feely Book 1).
Saving Our Skins: Building a Vineyard Dream in France ( Caro Feely book 2 )
Vineyard Confessions (was Glass Half Full) Tales of Menopause, Love and Natural Wine (Caro Feely Book 3).
Join the mailing list to receive a seasonal newsletter, events, wine pairing, recipes and more info on this topic at the bottom right of this page.