Climate Change and biodiversity loss – top five books to inform yourself
In this article Caro Feely, organic farmer and writer outlines her best five books to inform yourself on the Climate Crisis.
Here is my top five to inform yourself and shock yourself awake : (linked to amazon for ease of access but please borrow from your library or buy from your local bookshop instead).
- Being the Change: Live Well and Spark a Climate Revolution by Peter Kalmus
- This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate by Noami Klein
- ‘The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert
- The Uninhabitable Earth: Life After Warming – David Wallace Wells
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Robin Wall Kimmerer – this is about biodiversity and climate change
Books to shock us awake to the emergency that the environmental crisis and climate crisis represent.
It’s not just the polar bears’ home and their survival that’s at risk, it’s ours.
Come and learn more about organic farming with a visit to Chateau Feely in South West France ; stay or do a multi day course or multi day tour. Find out more about our way of farming with organic and biodynamic practices on the Feely organic and biodynamic online trail. You can read about the story of this organic farm – the series includes three books
Grape Expectations: A Family’s Vineyard Adventure in France (Caro Feely Book 1).
Saving Our Skins: Building a Vineyard Dream in France ( Caro Feely book 2 )
Vineyard Confessions (was Glass Half Full) Tales of Menopause, Love and Natural Wine (Caro Feely Book 3).
Join the mailing list to receive a seasonal newsletter, events, wine pairing, recipes and more info on this topic at the bottom right of this page.